The IRCOM model is focused on:
- A holistic approach to assist families, rather than individuals, by offering English classes, life-skills training, and children and youth programs in the community where they live
- Fostering independence, rather dependency
- Connecting people with existing supports rather than duplicating existing services and only creating programming where gaps exist
- Building trust and encouraging community building
- Employing new Canadians who understand the challenges faced by newcomers
- Utilizing volunteers and a highly efficient, low-cost delivery model
The IRCOM Model is one-of-a-kind in Canada.
This video, produced by Pathways to Prosperity, champions a promising practice in the settlement sector.
IRCOM was honoured to be a part of the project.