Asset & Capacity Building
To be able to help participants meet their goals, our program includes the following activities:
- Money Management Training classes adapted to an English-as-an-Additional-Language (EAL) format with culturally relevant information about transportation loans and the Refugee Assistance Program (RAP),
- Matched savings credits that are added to the funds that participants save on their own,
- Peer support and the opportunity to share their experiences with money, ways to deal with issues such as the pressure to send money back home
- One-to-one support from IRCOM staff.
There are very specific criteria for participating in an Asset Building Program, and registration happens only at the beginning of each new session. However, you do not have to live at IRCOM to access the program.
Click on the following links for more information about each Asset Building Program IRCOM offers:
To qualify for IRCOM’s Asset Building Program you must…
- Be a newcomer to Canada in the past 5 years
- Be at or below the program’s income cut-offs (ask ABP staff for further details)
- Have a strong desire to improve your financial future
- Meet other criteria specific to your savings goal
- Not be a past Program participant of either SC or IDA at IRCOM or other agencies
How do I apply?
Contact the Asset Building Program team by phone at 943-8765 extension 106 or 108 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for an Information Session or for more information.
IRCOM’s Asset Building Programs are offered in partnership with…
- SEED Winnipeg Inc.
- The United Way of Winnipeg
- Assiniboine Credit Union
- The Province of Manitoba